WAGON REAR END CAN LOOSE CONTROL

Ford Focus

2003 focus wagon, 118k. Auto trans.

I'm at wits end with this car. The thing drives fine on dry pavement HOWEVER when things get slick (rain, ice, snow) the rear end feels like it's trying to come around and start leading! It's a very uncomfortable situation when driving down the highway and be unable to get up to more than 40 with everyone else passing you! The problem is becoming more pronounced too. Go thru a pot hole and you can feel the rear end do a dance like you're going to start sliding. I've been told by the dealer 'oh, it's a " sport tuned" suspension. It will act strange when slippery' or that it is the alignment/tires etc etc. I've had the alignment done and three sets of tires. Bull puckies! I'm no idiot when it comes to cars though I am NOT a mechanic by any stretch. There is SOMETHING wrong but no one can tell me what, or at least is unwilling to tell me. I've heard of other problems like this where the dealer simply replaced 'something' and the problem went away. Do you think I can find out exacty what that 'something' is? ARRGGHHH! Pretty soon I'm gonna have a weenie roast in the back seat! My wife refuses to drive the thing in the winter now. I had to go trailer the car back from a meeting she was at last winter 'cause she did a 360 on the highway! That was the last time the alignment was done. The tech took the car on the highway after his re-alignment and HE lost control too! Help! Please?
Baks

Have you owned it since it was new?
If not get a car fax report on it, may have been in an accident.

Merlin2021
Yes I bought it off the show room floor so to speak. Brand spanking new.

Baks
This is one of those times I would need to drive, adjust and drive to be of any help. Sorry!

Merlin2021