DOOR LOCK

Ford Focus

I have a focus 1.8 zetec 2001 and lately not all the time but mainly when its cold I can open all doors apart from the passenger side using the remote and lock them too but the passenger side never responds. If I try manually opening the car doors from inside they wont work unless I reach over to the passenger side then they all work ok. If the passenger side door is unlocked then either with remote or manually none of the others will lock they go through the motions then open up again. Trying my very hardest to make sence here lol hope you can help me

my thoery is that the rubber that supports the wires on the passenger side has worn due to constant opening if this is correct I will cut the wire with the problem and sleave it with 3.2 heatshrink
Philipsss