I LOSE HEAT

2003 Ford Focus

Heater problem
2003 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

why do I lose heat when I get to a red light or slow down in traffic? I seem to get heat while i've been driving for a while, but like I said, it slowly cools down while I come to a stop. The Fan works no problem, I'm getting air into the car, but it's not HOT air. Can anyone tell me WHAT's going on and how I can fix it?
also, my heated seat sees to have stopped working. I checked the fuse underneath the steering column and it looks just fine. Could these two " eat" issues be related?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers,
M.R
Richmichaels

Why do I lose heat when I get to a red light or slow down in traffic? I seem to get heat while i've been driving for a while, but like I said, it slowly cools down while I come to a stop. The Fan works no problem, I'm getting air into the car, but it's not HOT air. Can anyone tell me WHAT's going on and how I can fix it?

Check the thermostat and also the heater core if its clogging up also if it has a heater control valve-if not could be an air mix/blend/mode doors and vacuum/actuator problems and HVAC control module

Its two different problems.

My heater just started doing the same thing. When the fluid is low, there's not enough to make it into the heat exchange inside the car. I added 1/2 a gallon, and it worked fine, but there is leak somewhere, hope it's not a bad heater core.

Jkirkerx