DOOR LOCKS ELECTRIC

2002 Ford Focus

2002 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

My pasenger door lock decided to quit working. The problem with this is the door wont open. I have tried all of the unlock switches and the other three doors work fine. You cannot manualy unlock the door by pushing the lock switch in or with the remote. You cant take the door pannel off because the door is locked shut. Any advice on how to unlock the door to get the pannel off to get the power lock out? Thanks Sam
Sam in mo

You should be able to pull the handle on the inside to make it unlock. If it won't unlock, then the problem is not the power lock unit, but the latch itself. Ford makes their latches unlock when the inside handle is pulled so that the door can be opened quickly in case of emergency, sort of a mechanical override for the electric locks. It may be unfortunate that you would then have to call a repair shop to come " break in" your vehicle using a jummy bar and hope that the latch works enough to jimmy it open. You won't be able to get it open any other way.

Flexy5