FUEL PUMP FUSE

2001 Ford Focus

2001 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 65000 miles

6 weeks ago car refused to start again after a trip to the store. Found the fuel pump fuse had blown, changed it & all was well. Happened 2 more times, so had wiring to fuel pump, fuel relay & pump amperage checked & where necessary, replaced. Car ran well for 10days then died today. Fuel pump fuse blown & replacing it now not working as car refusing to start. Fortunately broke down outside the house! What do you suggest? Someone said new fuel pump @ £200 plus fitting but what if that isn't the problem.
Paulash

A faulty fuel pump will cause the fuse to blow. Replacing the pump would be my next step

Dave H
I would make sure my fuel pump is working properly before replacing. I suggest getting a fuel pressure gauge and see if pump is working. You can look up on youtube how to do this. Also you could try checking the electrical part of the pump by either turnig the key and have some one listen close by the pump to hear it come on, or turn the key and put one finger on the Fuel Pump RELAY. U should feel it clicking.

Gonzalez20