WANTING TO START

1990 Ford Festiva

1990 Ford Festiva 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 89700 miles

Frequently my car will not start when it's warm out. In cool weather there's no problem. The car will crank and almost start, almost. It has spark, and is getting gas, and will almost fire up. Yet this morning (after towing it home last night) it fired right up. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, gas filter, air flow meter, and full tune up. Its a very inconsistent, but frequent problem. Also, not sure if it's related, but when driving in the afternoon, the car will suddenly die. No backfire or anything, it'll just go dead. I'll pull over, let it sit for 5 seconds and it will fire right back up. This problem never happens in the morning or the evening, just every afternoon when I am driving home from work. Sometimes this will happen 3-4 times. Very frustrating
Festivajeff