FORD FESTIVA ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

1988 Ford Festiva

1988 Ford Festiva 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 112758 miles

I have an 88 ford festiva that was not charging the battery. I put a new alternator on it and it was fine. Now I am having problems again. The alternator will put out 13 volts when nothing is on but as you start turning things on the voltage drops. If everything is on it only puts out 4 to 5 volts. Sounds like the voltage regulator but I have already put a new remanufactured alternator on and it didnt help. So is something else wrong. I have checked the wiring from the alternator to the battery and it has no bad spots or nothing. So whatever is supposed to tell the alternator to kick in aint working and the voltage regulator is in the alternator so its new too unless I got 2 bad alternators back to back. So what could it be?
Dreagin