WHINING DIFFERNTIAL

2004 Ford Falcon

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2004 Ford Falcon 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 kms

Recently found whining from rear of car. Ford instructed to repair dif. Worn bearings were found and replaced at our cost. The vehicle has never towed heavy trailers or been driven roughly, so it seems odd for this failure to occur. Under normal driving conditions how long or how many KMs would you estimate a Dif should be expected to last.

Regards
Turt
Turt

OK a diff can last many yrs and thousands of miles if you maintain it. Meaning that if you change the rear end fluid every couple of yrs and if it is a possi make sure to put in the possi additive then it should last a very long time. I have 150000 on my Mustang and 275000 on my F-150 neither have ever had rearend problems. You must have gotten a bad set of bearings or the gears were set wrong from the factory it happens sometimes. Hope this helps if you have any other questions just ask.

Racefan966