ABS RESET PROCEDURE

Ford F-350

I have a 2000 Ford F350 crewcab diesel pickup. It has 13400 miles on it currently. Recently the ABS light on the dash has begun to stay illuminated. I took it to a service place and was told that the high mounted third brake light had burned out and had probably tripped the code. All brake components were checked and said to be in good condition. I replaced the light. The ABS light in the dash now goes out for a brief moment at startup the then stays on again. Do I need to take the truck into a Ford dealer to have the ABS reset, or is it more likely that there is still something else wrong? And is there a way to reset the ABS system at home without any fancy tools?
Jilangston

Best investment you can make is to buy some type of obdII code reader, probably less then 100 bucks will get you on your way, never heard of a brake light triggering an abs problem, most likely with that low mileage, it's probably just a wheel sensor going or gone bad, you need to read the codes, wheel sensors you can do yourself, go to the local autoparts store, most will read for you, make sure they give you the code or codes, info can be found all over the web, still I would invest in a reader. Not a be-all end-all, but without any ideas no clue as to where to start looking.

TaurusWheel