TORQUE CONVERTER

Ford F-250

2003 F250SD 4x4.
My torque converter won't come out of lockup when I'm driving.
It unlocks when I fully release the gas pedal and go back to its position then wants to lockup prematurely.
I know that the solenoid and the torque converter both work because they come on when the tranny is cold (mornings) and I have actually tapped in to the 2 wires going to the solenoid and found that it opens when 12v is applied.
My problem is that I'll be driving revving at about 1.5 rpm, give it a little gas, (this is when the torque converter should come out of lockup and give me 200 rpm extra) the engine is forcing, give it more gas, more forcing (bogging) then I will give it even more gas and it downshifts to drive revving at 3000 rpm. It seems that the solenoid is not being told what to do.
I had my mechanic replace the TPS and still no change.
I even disconnected the battery terminals to reset the adaptive logic on the ecm and still no change.
I have spoken to many mechanics even tranny guys and nobody knows what I'm talking about, can someone relate?
I would certainly appreciate it.
Rob R