CIGARETTE LIGHTER

Ford F-250

Ford Ranger 1991, 250 000 miles, 4 cylinder. My question is about the cigarette lighter in my truck, it will work with the function to light cigarettes however, I cannot plug things into it to work such as a componant for an ipod. I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch
Raylene21

The prongs inside the socket have lost there tension, or there is alot of corrosion to the socket it can be replaced easily and inexpensively from any local part store, note the nicotine and tar from the cigs will cause them to go bad sooner

Slimdonutpimp
I have a F250 Ford HD. I need to replace the lighter socket but can't figure out how to remove it. Do I have to remove that part of the dash?

RiceJM
The sides of the I pot need to be spread out a little, the prongs on the inside of the lighter don't hold the I pod connection in but the sides of the adapter
hold it in, the center is for the power clean the end off, you could also use a light sandpaper to clean it.

M_H_RITZEL
The back of the lighter screws over the lighter socket. Remove wires going to the lighter, the unscrew the back letting the lighter socket come out the front sometimes it is hard to get it started to unscrew.

M_H_RITZEL
I got a new socket but neither of them screw out. They snap in and I can't figure out how to get the plastic snaps over the opening.

RiceJM