F250 INTERIOR DOME LIGHT

1999 Ford F-250

Interior problem
1999 Ford F250 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 150 miles

I recently bought a dmoe light and I can not install it, I'm not sure what I am missing but I belive it might be some sort of relay wire. What is it? And where might I find one?
Mxalex229

How do you mean can't install it? Is there no place for it or?

Racefan966
No there is a place to install it, but I belive I am missing a wire here, I'm not sure, becuase it looks like everything is there but it still doesn't work.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/450225_GetAttachment_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/450225_GetAttachment2_2.jpg

Mxalex229
So are telling me that it won't come on? It is two wire both power. The light when it is screwed in grounds through the body with one of the mounting screws. I need to know if this is a F250 super duty or not to get the right wiring diagram. Get back to me with that.

Racefan966
Yes, it is an f250 super duty xl, I screwed the light in and grounded it but it still wont turn the light on, I replaced the bulbs fuses etc. So I figure it must be something with the wiring, I just dont know what exactly.

Mxalex229
I am thinking it is either a door pin switch or the Gem module or interior lamp relay. Do you have a test light or digital multi meter so we can do some tests to figure out witch? So tell me is there any other lights that don't work inside? Here is what I see with the wiring diagram. It starts with fuse 14 (10 amp) in the junction box behind the lower leftfront of the dash. Then to the interior lamp relay then it goes out the interior lighting (all). So the other thing I need to know is regular or extra cab or 4 door? So check for power at the blue wire with the black stripe for power when the door is open or when you turn the switch on. If now power then I need you to check for power at the orange wire with the light green stripe that goes to the main dome light switch. Let me know what you find.

Racefan966
I checked the fuse box, It seems after tracing it there is no interior lamp relay to begin with. It must have been sold as parts before I bought it. It is only a regualr cab though. Would you guys know any place I could get the relay for the interior lighting?

Mxalex229
Ok of course you can go to Ford or you can go to your local parts store. Napa part number is AR606 and looks to cost about 8 dollars. Let me know if this takes care of it.

Racefan966
Thanks i'll get back to you soon as it is installed, your time and service has been very much appreciated.

Mxalex229
Thanks and do let me know how it goes. If this don't fix it then we will look into other things. Did you buy this truck used and the dome light didn't work? I am thinking that the light wouldn't go off, so they removed the relay, if that is the case then you will need to replace the door pin switches that turn the light on and off. Let me know how it goes.

Racefan966
Hey I bought the relay, it didn't fix the problem, but we took another step forward seeing as how there was no relay there before. All the relays are missing actually, there was only one in and it was the third down. Could that have anything to do with it. And when I bought the truck there was no light at all, just a few wires comming out of the truck where the light should hav been.

Mxalex229
Page 1 of 2