TAURUS TRANSMISSION WOES AGAIN!

1996 Ford F-250

Hello experts!

My taurus (250,000 km, 4 door, 6 cylinder) had its transmission replaced this past October 2006 -- lately, it has been doing exactly the same things as it did before the transmission gave up last time: specifically, hesitant shifting, jerking into gear, and today, revving at very high revs on highway even though the speed/gas pedal remain constant.

Help! I sure don't want to spend another $2500 on another transmission.

Could this problem be something other than the transmission? Or is it time to shop around?

many thanks,
myra
Myra

Didn't you get at least 12mo, 12k warranty? Or have you already exceeded the miles? Must not have been too good of a rebuild if it's experiencing the same symptoms, get it scanned for free by local autoparts store and post any codes back here, some will not set the light.

TaurusWheel
I have now taken my taurus in and my mechanic has sent it along to the transmission place where it was last repaired. My mechanic has assured me that it should be covered under warranty -- I guess I have learned to be skeptical.

They have checked all the modules and hooked it up to see if were just a switch, etc. But find they will have to take it out to investigate further.

Thank you for your reply and as I receive additional information, I'll post it.

M

Myra