STARTER REMOVAL FOR W/68000 MILES

1994 Ford F-150

I have a 1994 ford f-150 with 68000 miles. I received it from my mother after my father passed away. The truck sat for several years only being started on occasion. The starter failed and all I got was a clicking sound from it. I replaced the starter solenoid but that has not helped. I tried to remove the starter but the bolts will not budge. I tried heat, penetrating oil and good old muscle but the bolts wont give. The heads are stripped now and even a pair of vise grip pliers wont budge them.

I was wondering, if I used a torch and cut the heads off, would there be enough bolt left to get a vise-grips on it to remove the rest and replace with new bolts.

Any other ideas would be helpful! I need help!
Rickm

Hummm a bad scene. The only way to get the bolts out would be the blue flame. I hate to see it used on that part of the truck so have someone with a hose. I had it happen to me one time. I took/ broke the starter apart, heated what was left of the bolts and they finally came with (*(& ^)))(_& *$^$ and skinned knuckles. Good luck

Losone