MISFIRE PROBLEM

Ford F-150

Have a 2003 Ford F-150 truck with 61,000 miles on it. Has the Triton V8 engine. About 1000 thousand miles ago it had service engine light come on. When it came on I noticed a momentary hesitation and no other problem. Checked code was a cylinder 1 misfire. No problem existed until now and it started running funny and light came on again. This time the code is for a cylinder 4 misfire. Not being very familiar with electronic ignition I am at a loss as to where to start. Any help appreciated.
Robbjud

Pretty simple system. COP (coil on plug) has 1 coil on each plug. You could have a fouled plug or bad coil. If I rember correctly # 4 is ubder a heater hose that has a tendency to leak and create problems. Bad news is that the plugs on these engines are a PITA to get to.

Good luck and let us know. : )

Peppermrj
Yea replaced the plugs. What a PITA as you said. Anyway problem is resolved. Thanks

Robbjud
If your problem reoccurs, now that you have replaced the plugs, your coils on cylinders (the ones that showed the misfire) 1 & 4 will need replacing.

2CarPro Bob