LOSS OF POWER

1915 Ford F-150

I am having some promblems with my 1993 ford f-150
it seems I am losing power.I mean I can get up to 55-65 with no promblem but if I go to pass someone it seems to lay back.I passes them but just doesn't have the power do do it quickly. The truck never had promblems passing ever.

I put in spark plugs in about a two years ago the 100,000 thousnd mile plugs. New spark wires at the time.
Just put in cap and rotor.A new feul filter about a year ago. The truck has about 140,000 on it. Not to bad for a windsor motor. Is there anything else I should look into or any thing else it could be. It has tons a power starting up
Maxx

Sounds like a failing or weak fuel pump to me. Do a presure check on fuel system.

I just reread your post. I would check the plugs and fuel filter for sure.

Refer to your owners manual for routine maintainance and dont trust. Getting 100,000 out of a set of plugs.

Sc1 racing
Thanks i'll check that.

Another question I have duel tanks would that mean I have two fuel pumps and if so would I have too replace them if indeed it was a fuel pump.

Thanks again

Maxx
I edited my post I didnt see how old the plugs and rest were. Try that before you spend something you dont need to.

Sc1 racing
Ok thanks again bud
I thought 100,000 sounded to good to be true also but it was my brother truck at the time he wanted them.

Also what is a better plug for that truck it has a 351 windsor in it. He put in bosch last time or maybe it was splitfire I can't rember.

Thank for taking time to awnser my questions.I'll check those things out

Maxx
Im not a big fan of bosch plugs at all. Id say get motorcraft or autolite plugs. But definatly change the fuel filter.

Sc1 racing
If I member right tho with the duiel tanks does it do it with both tanks or jsut one becasue there is a thrid pump on it I beleave jsut my thought in on this for you everyone covered it well

Cervance
I use only one tank because of a small hole in th e front tank.I do use it from time to time.I just cant fill it more then half full.I ll try it.

Maxx