CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AFTER TRANSMISSION REBUILD

Ford F-150

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible 3.8 Got it out of shop Tuesday evening after Transmission Rebuild. I've probably driven less than 150 miles since then. Immediately upon leaving shop (I was next door getting gas) the first time the fan " kicked on" it start making the clack-clack-clack sound. I pulled back in and asked what was up. He said " it had to be making that sound before" I explained I'd never heard it, he basically said he didn't believe that, nobody touched anything in the front of the engine, it's all back there, we don't just sabotage peoples vehicles, blah-blah-blah. This morning (Friday) within about 5 minutes of starting my commute to work the Check Engine light came on. I do want to add that we've had quite a bit of rain the last couple days, and I have a 1/4 mile dirt/gravel driveway which is just a mudslide everytime it rains. When I pull out onto my road (65 mph Hwy I live on) it throws an awful lot of mud for the first 1/4 - 1/2 mile. Please help.

Okay, so my post has been out here for about 4+ hours, 18 views but no replies. I understand the small donation and would have no problem contributing to this awesome service, but I have shelled out $1,000.00 in the last week and I do not have a debit or credit card. Someone please help a young lady out.
Sunnie/Austin, TX

I'm sorry we couldn't get to you sooner.

Are you able to scan the computer for fault codes? Since the check engine light came on, a fault code was stored in the computer, and if you are able to retrieve it, we could more easily help you.

Has the fan made any noise since that time when you were getting gas? If yes, there is a possibility that the fan shroud could have been bumped somehow and no one realized it. It's very easy to look at it, see if there's any rub marks on the inside, and move it back into it's original position. Good luck.

Indyuke
" Okay, so my post has been out here for about 4+ hours, 18 views but no replies. I understand the small donation and would have no problem contributing to this awesome service, but I have shelled out $1,000.00 in the last week and I do not have a debit or credit card" People view posts in hopes of helping as well as hopes of finding a similiar problem to their own. 18 people that can't help you may have viewed this. Personally I don't care if you don't contribute and just want us to use us. $1000 is just a few months of car payments and one should expect to spend about $.15 for every mile they drive. If you graciously answer Indyuke, maybe he will help.
Good luck

Thank you so much for your reply. The fan does still make noise every time it kicks on, put I think when I hit a concrete parking bumper (Mustangs ride low) that's what did it, and I will be looking this weekend. In the meantime, I will be getting the sensors for the first 2 codes. But where do they go? How do I correct the running lean issue? Thank you again, I really appreciate it!

Sunnie

Sunnie/Austin, TX
P0131 - 02 sensor circuit low voltage (bank 1, sensor 1)
P0156 - 02 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 2, sensor 2)
P1131 - lack of heated 02S11 switches. Sensor indicates lean

It may seem like one or both of your oxygen sensors have failed or the wiring between them and the computer has been compromised. They are located on the exhuast system and " sense" the amount of oxygen in the exhaust stream.

Indyuke
Good luck!

Indyuke