97 F150 ABS/BRAKE LIGHT ON

1997 Ford F-150

97 Ford F150 120,000 miles 4.6L V-8

Several weeks ago after hooking up my small trailer my ABS Light and Brake Light came on. Truck is operating fine.

I have checked my rear abs sensor on my Ohm Meter and it read 1.09. My master cylinder is full.

Could this be my sensor or something else?
JSomebody

Does the abs light blink? Have the codes scanned at a local autoparts store, get them and post here.

TaurusWheel
No blinking. ABS and Brake Lights have been at a constant on ever since.

No other obvious issues - Brakes seem to be operating fine. Going to Autozone to see what I can get out of them.

JSomebody
None of the Autoparts Stores could diagnose an ABS or Brake Light, Check engine Light only.

I am putting in a new rear ABS sensor and seeing what that does for me. More to come.

So I went through pretty much the options that I know. New Trailer Relay Switch, New Rear ABS Sensor, Removed Hubs and checked assembly and pads.

Nothing has worked. Still Brake and ABS Light Stuck On. Any help would be great.

JSomebody
I had the ABS light on my explorer come on and stay on too. Turned out the be a defective ABS relay.
Look in the power distribution box under the hood.
Try changing it out with another relay (like the blower relay) that is the same type of relay.

Good luck.

Bhugg