F150 WORN TIRES

2007 Ford F-150

2007 Ford F150 V8 All Wheel Drive Manual 28.550 miles

I purchased the 2007 Ford F150 Harley Davision new a little over 18 months ago. Starting about a month or so ago I started hearing a rumbling sound as if something was rubbing under the truck. Being that we had so much snow and ice at that time I figured there might be some ice larged under there somewhere. Well after the snow had gone I was still hearing this sound. I took the truck to the dealer where I purchased it and was told that the tires worn in such a manner to where it was causing the the 4wd to kick in automatically and will probably evenually cause transmission problems, if it haven't already. I'm being told that had I gotten the tires rotated before now this would not had happen. My thing is, the tires aren't worn like you think as in going bald or slick. They're saying the tires are uneven and this is causing all these major problems with this fairly new truck. First of all is it possible for worn tires to cause problems with the 4wd system and transmission? Is it normal for tires such as PIRELLI SCORPION ZERO 22" to wear so soon.
Merrittgj

Those are good tires, should wear out that fast, even for tires to wear that fast I would check for worn suspension and steering components.

Tire balance, somethiing.

Try new tires and see if that fixes anything.

Is it automatic four wheel drive or push button? Only if the 4x4 is engaged should it cause a issue with the four wheel drive and tranny.

How are they worn?

Blackop555