NO STARTER ACTIVATION

2006 Ford F-150

2006 Ford F-150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 51K miles

this is a VERY intermittent problem -- try to start truck every thing works(lites radio fan ect) relays can be heard clicking --no starter activation in the little window where odometer and messages live it says " check gauges" leave key on for a minute or so --- all is ok
went to ford dealer service rep says he has same problem in his 05 150 that has never been found and there will not be a code
if key on and wait is a viable solution-- fine
but if it gets worse and does not leave a code what then?
1MNC1

Any testing, you do when the problem is ongoing. Hard to find a problem when everything working perfect.

At the starter relay, 86 goes hot whith key in the crank position and is wired through the neutral switch. Terminal 85 is ground for coil side of relay, grounded by the pcm, possible security system issue for the ground?? Terminal 30 is hot all the time. When relay is energized, terminal 87 carries voltage to starter solenoid.

Also, I did see a service bulletin about terminal fatigue, no crank. Terminal kit, I believe only for the circuit from relay to starter. I can't be sure that is your problem, just a thought.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_06_ford_starter_circuit_1.jpg