F150 BRAKE BOOSTER VACUUM

2005 Ford F-150

Brakes problem
2005 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

My brakes werer working fine. I stopped at a store when I got back in my truck the brakes are hard. I unpluged the vacuum line from the brake booster and it does not have any vacuum on it. I don't know if this matters are not
Deweykeith

It does matter and is the key to your concern. You have lost vacuum in the lines. The #1 vacuum leak on the o5 is on the rear of the intake. A small hose connects to the intake and has probably come off. If you don't know what you are feeling for, you probably will not get it on yourself. You may have to take it to the dealership to get it put back on. I say you have to feel it, because there is no way to see it without removing the upper intake. Either way, you will soon notice your engine not running correctly and then your check engine light will come on and produce lean codes. All of this is because of this one hose. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Flexy5