2005 Ford F-150

Noises problem
2005 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 38000 miles

i notice a grinding noise when starting from a dead stop and it continues until you stop. When you stop and makes a loud bang and thats the end of it. It only does it once or twice a day but not every day. Last year I had the 4 wheel solenoid replaced and am thinking its the same thing again but wanted to ask professionals what they thought. And if thats what the problem is, what could be causing it to go bad? I am originally from pennsylvania and rarely used four wheel drive and I am currently stationed in louisiana and never use it. Thank you for your time

Hay! I too am from PA. However, this time of year I would rather be where you are. Much warmer! WHat part of PA are you from?

Regardless, can you tell aprox where the sound is coming from? Is there any change in the sound when you make turns or use the brakes? Is the transfer case full?

Let me know and we'll try to figure this out. First thing I can think of is what you mentioned, it's not coming out of 4wd. But if you haven't engaged it, that shouldn't be a problem.

Let me Know.