F150 SMOG

2001 Ford F-150

2001 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 125, 00 miles

I am interested in buying this truck from my work, but the problem is it wont pass smog the engine soon light is on and when I took it down to get it smogged it failed the number 5 and 6 cylinder are running to lean. How can I fix this to get it to pass
Gbowen1

It failed the number 5 and 6 cylinder are running to lean. How can I fix this to get it to pass

Could be the sparkplugs on those cylinders, compression problem and injectors.

A lean fuel condition can be caused by: * Low fuel pressure due to a weak pump or leaky fuel pressure regulator. (Use a fuel pressure gauge to check fuel pressure at idle)

* Dirty fuel injectors. (Try cleaning the injectors)

* Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, vacuum hose connections or throttle body. (Use a vacuum gauge to check for low intake vacuum)

* Leaky EGR valve. (Check operation of EGR valve)

* Leaky PCV Valve or hose. (Check valve and hose connections)

* Dirty or defective Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). (Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires or filament with aerosol electronics cleaner. Do NOT use anything else to clean the sensor, and do not touch the sensor wires)