F150 RUNNING ROUGH

2001 Ford F-150

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 265, 00 miles

2001 f150, v-8, 5.4, replaced coil on 7 because " misfire code". Ran good for a few weeks. Light came back on, little shake at idle, shaking and sputtering while accelerating, loss hp. Now have code " lean on 6, 7, 8. HOWEVER, it is running exactly the way it did when I had a misfire on 7. I was convinced I put the coil in wrong. But now it is a too lean code. I have cleaned mass air flow sensor, chwecked thuroughly for vacuum leaks, next im told I need to clean erg system. Is that right? It cant be fuel issue because its only 6, 7, 8. What do you suggest next
Eddie kelly

Hi: Even though you checked for vacuum leaks, I think that is the problem causing the lean mixture. I want you to check behind the throttle body (passanger side). There is a vacuum hose that has a 90 degree bend in it from the TB. They are known to dry rot and leak. If it was a misfire caused by a coil / ignition component, it would cause more of a rich mixture.

Let me know what you find. Also, if you have no luck with that, remove the coils that are recognized on the OBD. Check the boots that go on the plugs to make sure none of them are arcing through the sides onto the valve cover. That is another common problem.