F150 NO OVERDRIVE, INDICATOR LIGHT BLINKING, NO 2

2001 Ford F-150

2001 Ford F150 Triton V8 Four-Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

I have a transmission problem with my 2001 Ford Triton F-150 truck. The transmission will not change into 3rd gear or overdrive. Upon starting the engine, the Transmission Control Indicator Light (TCIL) blinks constantly. The transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd easily, but upon 2nd to 3rd, the engine speeds up, and the transmission won't change but remains in 2nd. The car acts as if it is out of gear and does not pull. Occasionally, upon going in reverse, the vehicle surges and a rough change can be felt. No codes come up, and I've checked the fuses and all are working. Also, I've checked the transmission control switch (TCS), and it too is ok. What can I check or do to correct the problem? What about sensors? Do I need to have the powertrain control module (PCM) checked out by a serviceman, or is there something I can do and save some $$$. Also, what would be the approximate cost? I need help ASAP! Thanks for any assistance you can give me.
Jim Anderson