ABS SYSTEM/PUMP

2001 Ford F-150

Brakes problem
2001 Ford F-150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I just bought a ford F150 from a local dealership the 50 amp fuse was blown so I went and bought a new one and as soon as I put it in the ABS light comes on and does not go off and the continues to run even when I shut the vehicle off, the only way to turn the pump off is to take the fuse out I am at loss on what the problem could be and what to do to fix it I am one that has general knowledge on working on my own vehicles but this time I dont know. Please help me any pointers or information is greatly appreciated. Thank You sincerely, Justin Jones
Justin jones

What I suggest you start with is having the computer scanned. The ABS light indicates there is a trouble code that is stored in the computer. By retriving that code, it should identify where the problem is coming from.

Have that done and let me know what code is found. Without the code, it becomes a guessing game.