F150 HEAD LIGHTS, DASH LIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS

2000 Ford F-150

2000 Ford F150 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 98000 miles

Having problems with headlights remaining on and being unable to turn them off after the engine has been running. No tail lights and dash lights. All of these started at the same instant. Have checked the switch for headlights and removed it to turn off headlights but they remain on. Only way to turnoff headlights is by removing fuse under hood. If the engine is not started then can turn headlights on and off at the switch. The taillights do not work, but turnsignals and brake lights do work. What could be the problem?
Richard Kimery

I have experienced this same problem with my 2000 Ford F150/ 136,000 miles. Richard, did you ever find the problem. I replaced headlight switch. Taillights are still out as well as dash lights. Fuses look good. Thank goodness not my primary transportation. But I still want to find a solution. What should I check next?

Will Esteve