F150 BLOWN HEAD GASKET

2000 Ford F-150

Engine problem
2000 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 111368 miles

My truck was smelling like it was overheating, yet no signs of a radiator leak nor any indication of high temp on the idiot gage. The shop tells me that they introduced a dye into my radiator and it indicated that I had a blown head gasket. Then they tell me that they have to pull the engine to remove the headgaskets which equates to big $$. I stop by the shop today and observe that they did not have to pull the engine so I asked if I would see a lower cost than the original quote. I'm then told that the service tech was good and was able to perform the work without pulling the engine and he should not be penalized for a job well done. I again asked for a reduce charge and that I wanted to speak to the manager who happened to be out. Am I off base here or am I entitled to a reduce charge since the original quote stated that they would have to pull the engine?

Kurt.
JK Reece

I have been working on car's for 15 year's and neaver had to pull a motor out of a truck to do head gaskets no you are not out of line

Davemaywood