F150 AC LEAK

2000 Ford F-150

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 111350 miles

Ive got a 2000 ford 150. It has a small " pin" leak at the top of the accumulator/collector tank. I believe it is made of aluminum. I released all the pressure and sanded the area where the leak is and cleaned it. I then applied some JB weld to it and let that dry completely. I then recharged it with the refridgerent. It worked good and blew out some cold air but only held for about a day, and all the refrigderent leaked out again. I know this cant be a rare problem because we have a chevy astro van with a leak caused by a wireing harness rubbing against the AC lines which is the same cause of the leak in my truck. I dont know what else to do. Should I try alumi-weld which is like JB weld but for aluminum? Or do they make any fix for this kind of problem? Please help! THANKS!
Davem

Why don't you just replace it? That's the SURE fix.

Merlin2021
Hello I'm an AC Tech by trade and I have the same problem as Daven. I would like to Repalce the ac accumulator, but I see that the lines that go into the Evaporator don't come apart. Do I have to remove the dash, and remove the evaporator to get them apart? I just need to remove the accumulator.

J.S.T.
An ac tech? Use the ford line tool, wrap around line and push it into the connection pull lines apart.

Merlin2021