F150 CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

1997 Ford F-150

1997 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I have a 97 Ford F150 with a 4.2L V6 and I am getting trouble code P0340 ( Camshaft Position Sensor A - Bank 1 Circuit Malfunction) and I can't seem to find it for replacement. Does anyone know where I can find it and how hard it is to change out? Or do you have any suggestions of why else this code would be showing up if it isn't the sensor itself? Thanks.
Almill3

Your going to likley need the shaft that is right underneath it as well. They are available aftermarket that includes the synchronizer shaft and the sensor. Napa carries it.

If it isn't too difficult, I might end up changing out both the shaft and the CPS but I am having a hard time locating it. I would think that it would be located on top of the timing cover but I couldn't find it. Any help?

Almill3

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_1ckp_2.jpg

If I have time later tonite, I'll upload the the R&R procedure, you don't want to do this wrong.

I have to answer donor posts first, if there is time tonite, I'll post yours, gotta get to work to make a living.