F150 STARTS, WONT START, STALLS THEN RESTARTS WHE

1995 Ford F-150

1995 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 126815 miles

I have a 1995 F-150 with a 5.8 VIN H and 123815 miles. I was just surfing around the net for some info that related to mine when I read the message posted by 'mich' who has the same year make and model, vin H. My truck is doing exactly the same as he said his was doing. The down shifting feeling he said he gets is more like being on cruise control say 60mph and momentarily stalls out then, BAM it picks up right where it left off but the initial feeling is way "over torque" or too sudden torque on the trans. thats where the BAM comes from because when it picks up again it feels like the eng. and trans. are not it sink with eachother and the eng. picks up right where it was before the stall and wants to immediatly go back to the same Rpm as if nothing ever happened and when it reengauges the trans. it makes a very nice BUCK. Ouch!
My truck just died on me oneday going down the road and restarted after 10 minutes. As days and weeks went along it died a few times and restarted after awhile. Twice I had to leave it over night where it was and it restarted the next day. Other times it wouldnt completely die but the momentary stall I just mentioned. Also I even switched fuel tanks when it would die and the first few times it would pick right back up but it only allowed for that a few times before the grimlins realized what I was doing and shut that avenue down.
I started by replacing the same things that "mich" said he did. But to no effect. The ignition coil, ICM, and the ignition switch. But still the same old thing. But now it has come to a point where the truck wont ever start and just sits in the driveway for days and a week at a time before it decides to fire. I dont dare leave the comfort of the neighborhood.
I went and got a distributor pick up coil/AKA stator by Ford and saw that I had to pull the distributor and disassemble it to install the thing. Knowing this I stopped where I was and later that night just started looking on the net for info.
I bought a multimeter but still need to read the instructions on how to use the thing so I can check the resistance of the stator as suggested by "rasmataz".
So now Im off to multimeter class gents. Does anyone have anything to add for me on this? Sure would like to know how "mich" turned out thru his ordeal. Thanks Guys

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/329542_BIUSTYL_1.jpg

BIUSTYL