F150

1993 Ford F-150

1993 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 166000 miles

93 f150 started and then died. While I was trying to
restart I noticed electrical smoke and the associated
smell coming from under the floor mat next to the door and emergency brake. I checked the wires underneath which run next to the door and looked at the wires under the dash and checked the fuel pump fuse and relay by switching out the relays; no problems found. The truck has two fuel tanks but neither pump is working when the key is turned to the starting position. If the pump is out in the first tank will it keep the second from working and where did the smoke come form? I looked at the wiring diagram followed the red and blue with yellow wires
to the firewall. Could there be a problem in the connector where it goes through the firewall?
I also cut the insulaiton off the the same wires under the truck which goes to first fule pump and could not get a meter reading with the key on.

Any Ideas?
Scott1112