F150

1991 Ford F-150

1991 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 108k miles

I'm going to indicate this no donation. However, if you will e-mail me a name and address, WITHOUT THE ANSWER, I will have a check for $20.00 in the morning mail. You can send the answer when the check clears. Thank you. I have a family member who was financially ruined by putting his card info. On line. I'm just not going to take the chance.

I just bought a nice truck that has one problem. It starts ok. Idles ok, runs on flat ground ok, but only so fast. About 60 to 65 mph. 302 only getting 7mpg, empty truck. When going up hill, I'm in WV so have many hills, it will start off like it is going to tear up the pavement. But when it hits about 45mph, it starts to power down to about 35mph. The transmission seems to shift as it should, down shifts to lower gear, but engine does not pick up speed. No noticeable mis. It does not matter what I do to gas pedal. Matted to the floor, the above still happens.
Have had it tuned up by two local shops. They drove it and have no idea what to do. Have changed catalytic converter and mufler. Seems to me it is not getting enough air for some reason. Filters, air and fuel have been changed. Only getting 7 mpg.
Pcf150