F150 MY TRUCK WON'T ACCELERATE.

1989 Ford F-150

1989 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual

I have a 1989 Ford F-150 extended cab full sized bed, it starts just fine, runs great, but it won't accelerate or reverse, i've heard people say it could be my fuel pump, transmission, clutch, drive shaft, or my hole back end, I need someone who can tell me exactly what it could be whether it be one thing or 10 things I just need to know what to look for, cause I have absolutely no clue about this stuff, i've read your forums and I can't find anything about it, I think maybe I read something on it about the fuel pump but im not sure. Please help me I really love my truck. Any additonal info you might need, to help you answer my question, about the truck let me know and I will find out asap. I've had this question on here for quite a few days now and i've saw a bunch after I asked get answered, does this mean nobody wants to tell me im screwed cause no one knows what it is? I really hope not! Don't let me down
Texas21

OK, can you feel the trans engage? (Trucks loads up) when you put it in D or R? If so will the truck move, just not accelerate? If so, try loosening the exhaust flanges at the manifolds to let the exhaust out before the cat converters, if the cats are plugged the truck will accelerate, it will just be loud

Jack42
Ok the truck can move like if im on a hill or something it'll roll, I can't actually start it atm, battery is dead, I had a buddy tell me that it has nothing to do with the cat converter and all that though, but im gonna try it out, ill let you know.

Texas21