F150 I NEED HELP WITH THE DEATH WOBBLE.

1989 Ford F-150

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1989 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have an 89 F150 4x4 SWB with a 4" suspension lift sitting on 33"x12.50's. The truck has began to shimmy and shake so bad you can see my tires wobbling out of control when I tap the brakes. I am hoping it is just my rotors. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I don't have a steering stabilizer on the truck because I don't think you need one with just 33"s. Also I would have no clue where to install it. I tried to pull my rotors the other day and I can't figure out how to get the manual locking hubs off. Does anyone know how? All input would be greatly appreciated. My truck is my daily driver and has never let me down. I'd hate to lose control of her and put her into a tree. Also since I bought the truck my oil pressure gauge stays spiked when the engine is running unless it is low on oil. Any idea's on what could cause this?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/560051_1_1.jpg

Jessemace57

If you can see the tires moving, it isn't the rotors. Have you checked steering components for wear?

As far as the oil pressure, I would suggest replacing the oil sending switch. Not an expensive part and easy to replace.

Let me know about the steering. I'm not saying the rotors aren't bad, but if you see the tires wobbling, more than rotors are bad.

Let me know. If you need directions, let me know that too.