TROUBLE

1984 Ford F-150

Hey I have a 1984 ford F-150 with a 351 5.8L engine. With 93,000 miles. Ok I recently bought this truck and I got it running with alittle work due to sitting around by replacing the battery, alternator, and battery cables. And other odds and end things. After getting it home it went out again and I tested the battery and found out the solenoid went out so I replace it and it ran fine. I have since drove it for about 200 miles and replaced the P/S pump on it and then it quit again. Everyone I asked said it was the starter so I replaced it as well. It still doesnt start. I am not the best person at cars so I need some help. I checked doing the crank shaft thing to see if it was locked up so I am pretty sure it isnt locked up, but I dont know what else to do. Any help would be awesome.

thanks,
-shawn-
Freedom_force

Well i'll give it a shot
1. Does the motor turn over?
2. Do you have spark? Pull wire off plug put screw driver in the end and have someone crank engine if sparks or you get shocked you got fire. : Lol: red neck joke
3. Do you have fuel there is a tap ontop of fuel rail close to the distributor it has a black plastic cap on it take it off and turn key on push on center if gas comes out we can assume you have fuel at this time pressure is another issue.
4. If motor doesn't turn over I need to know this
check all these things first. Return here and let me know. (NOS) we can go from there

NOS
Well the engine doesnt even sound like it is trying to turn over. I try to turn it over and the solenoid just makes a buzzing noise and then quits. I tried to jump it off thinking maybe if I added a few more amps it would give it enough to start but when I did sparks came off the live side of my battery when I turned the key.

Yes it is getting fuel but not sure on the spark.

I wet through once again and checked the connections and cleaned any corrosion off and made sure the grounds were good and still nothing.

Freedom_force
Ok now I get better picture now. Ok try this with someone turning the key to the start possion lightly tap on the starter houseing if truck starts replace starter. It sounds like your starter is stuck. (NOS)

NOS