FUEL PUMP LOCATION

Ford Explorer

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer, 1.9 LT V6 4WD with 206,000 miles. I think that the fuel pump went T-U, because it will turn over just fine, but won't start. When I turn the key, I don't hear the fuel pump kick on. I checked the fuel cut off switch and it doesn't need reset or plugged in. Where is the fuel pump located?
Reblin

In the fuel tank

Arent there three pumps? How do you know if it is the two inners or the one outer(on a double fuel tank)

Genmac29
I don't believe the explorers are like that, at least I haven't run into it.

IF there are double tanks, each tank will have one in it. IF there is an external one in addition, (I think pick ups and vans may apply), It is usually frame mounted. But is meant as a high volume helper pump.

A few quick things to check before removing the fuel tank are. Fuel pump fuse in the power distribution box. Fuel pump relay located in the same power dist box. You can check for power at the plug on the tank on the PK/BK wire. If you have power there as soon as you turn on the ignition switch, and a good ground on the BK wire, then the pump it is.

Mikeybdman