NEW BRAKES, REAR END PULLS, GRINDING SOU

2005 Ford Explorer

Brakes problem
2005 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 117, 00 miles

All of the sudden, about 2 weeks ago, my back right end was making a very loud 'grind' sound when I started to back my car up. After getting out to look, I noticed my pads needed changing. No big deal. I changed the pads. Now, however, the sound is still there after it rains, AND the back of the car sways when driving. On the interstate it doesn't do it so much when I'm holding a constant speed or accelerating. But the second I let off of the gas, it sways terribly. I would describe it like driving in a very windy day when youre in the turbulence of a big rig. I thought it was that I hadn't put the wheels back on straight, but I re-checked that, and it's still doing it. Seems to be getting worse. I'm trying to avoid putting it in the shop at all costs. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mattlange26

Hello
Thanks for the donation.

So you have a swaying motion in the rear end. And this only started AFTER brake replacement? It sounds like the calipers are sticking. Raise and support rear end, have assistant place gear into neutral with vehicle scotched at front end, then try turning rear wheels. If you can hear the brakes scraping then you know the calipers need replacing. This is a rather common occurance when replacing pads on some vehicles. You can also check the calipers for any dirt build-up in them and also check the rubber lines leading to them to ensure they have not collapsed or have been damaged in any way.

One more question, I am assuming you bled the braking system, correct? If not, you need to do this as well to get any air out of the system.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for using 2carpros. Com!