FORD EXPLORER DEALER PROBLEM

2004 Ford Explorer

Computer problem
2004 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

We had our alternator replaced by a non-dealer repair shop. Since getting it back we have had several electrical issues. The dome light won't turn off when you close the doors and the power locks are rendered useless. When you shut the car off, the radio turns off immediately whereas before it would stay on until you opened the door. If you turn the dome light off manually, the locks work, but you can't see the radio and dash lights when the headlights are on. If you turn the dome switch back to the normal position once the car is running, everything works until you turn the engine off again. I am assuming it has something to do with the computer and was wondering if there was something I could try to do to fix it or if I should just take it to the dealer.
Gporter47

It sounds like a problem with the body control module. I would start with that first.

LEt me know what you find.