REPAIR QUESTION

2003 Ford Explorer

2003 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My car just stopped yesterday. The battery was tested and it was fine and all electrical systems are working. It was serviced in September and there were no issues. I am at a loss as to what could be wrong. It started, I left my garage and it just stopped. I had it towed to the dealer and am terrified of what they will say.
Trlymatthews

When the dealership tells you what the problem is, you are not by any way bound to have them and them only do the repair.
Dealerships charge a ridiculous amount of money for replacement parts and labor. Some that would normally cost anyone $175.00 at " Jim's automotive repair" would pay close to $350.00 for the same repair at a dealership!
When the dealership tells you what the problem is just write it down and ask them how much the repair will be. Find a reputable automotive repair facility like for example " Joe's Automotive" or " Main Street Auto Repair" and you will find out the repair will be about half the cost there. Make sure they have a good reputation! Ask around or even call " AAA" for their suggestions.
Good Luck; Rick

RickMar