WONT START.

2002 Ford Explorer

I have a 2002 Ford explorer with a v-8 engine. I went for a trip today and when I got home I accidentally bumped the curb when I pulled up. When I went to stop the truck it sounded like the fan was going faster than normal. I then tried to restart the truck and now it will not start. I had the battery checked and was told it tested fine. When I tried to start the truck the starter will not even kick in. I Dont know where to start looking to figure out the problem. Please help.
Lugo1029

It happended to me check and make sure the wire to the starter is on as they are flimsey and come off easiely. It should be somewhere underneath on the drivers side behind the tire if it clicks when u turn the key then this is probely your problem as it was mine I hit a curb parked got back in and all it would do is click good luck !

Jyoungin1
I think I may know, could it be the rely switch, its on the fire wall in the engine. Mostly next to the battery, the starter is connected to it and so is the battery.

Rocky_road
Check your owners manual. On most late model cars/trucks/SUV's a Fuel Cut Off Safety Switch is embedded on cars in case of an impact, as it basically shuts off fuel flow in case you get hit in a accident, thus not allowing the fuel pump to continue pumbing raw gas into a accedent area.

This switch is tripped by hitting something hard (like a curb / light pole, etc.) Or something hitting u hard. The net-net the switch is normally in a hidden area, such as under the pax upper area on the side below the glove box. Floorboard area or in Expeditions and others located in the back most part of the cargo space in the jack storage areas, etc.

Check the user manual for the exact location to re-set the switch manually

Bill