EMISSION CODES

2002 Ford Explorer

Other Category problem
2002 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 118000 miles

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer that has failed emissions. The codes that come up are P0141, P0442, and P1401. Seems to be running okay except once in a while it loses power at take off and then it comes right back. Also, I noticed that when it's cold outside the car will run hot after warming up. Once the heater is turned on, it goes back to normal. I need to get these codes fixed and don't really have the $$ to go to the dealer. Is this an easy fix, and can I buy these parts at a part store or just the dealer?
Wendy J

P0141 means bank one sensor two is bad, this usually means you have a bad o2 sensor or bad catalytic converter.

P0442 means Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (small leak) and you should in turn change the fuel cap with a DEALER OEM PRODUCT. Also check the vaccum line going from the tank to the charcoal canister. You may also need a new charcoal canister.

P1401 means DPF EGR sensor circuit was showing high voltage. It is a common failure for fords is the dpfe sensor it can cause overheating also and failing a emmision test due to NOx

Blackop555