CHECK SUSP LIGHT

2001 Ford Explorer

Suspension problem
2001 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

Hi Guys. My 2001 Explorer XLT is running and ridding great. The check susp light came on about a month ago and since I am laid off from work I can't afford to get it looked at. There hasn't been a sign of a problem until now. Everthing is normal except the light and after I shut it off I hear a clicking sound coming from the relay box under the hood. A closer look and I find that the clicking is coming from the air suspension relay and the PCM relay. The sound alternates from one to the other each time it clicks. I am pretty handy and I might be able to fix it if I knew what it was. Is there a chance that it is a simple fix? Any hint I can get will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Llmwall

Do you have anyone with a scantool that reads B and C codes? This is unfortunately the starting point. Your system has a stored code(s). They will tell you what part needs inspection, Is the compressor running at all?

Merlin2021