AC NOT COOLING ENOUGH

2001 Ford Explorer

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

Great site but I could not find an answer to my particular question. My 2001 explorer with 127000 miles just recently started to blow cool air rather than really cold like it used to. I live in Florida, and July through September I really need that extra cool air. The AC seems to run fine otherwise. Am I low on refrigerant?
Franks58

May be, but you could also have a debris build up on your evaporator core. Causing the air not to blow suffinciently across the core because of the buildup. Open the hood and have someone turn the ac on, see if and how many times the compressor clutch turns off and on, it should not cycle off and on frequently. If it does then you have a small leak and not enough coolant pressure to keep the clutch engaged, you will have to check for leaks then and fix it, also it could mean a highpressure switch problem, but im leaning towards the clogged evap core and then small leak

Legitimate007