WON'T START GO FIGURE

2000 Ford Explorer

2000 Ford Explorer 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 325 miles

KK while I have a 2000 ford explorer won.T start it turns over but nothing I have got it started a couple times with alot of boosting and playing with the fuel shut off switch but now that" s not working there is spark and gas is getting to the engine what now?
Rocheleau69

If you have spark and fuel, it should run unless the timing is off or there is no compression.

I have to start with a couple simple questions. Is the spark to the plugs a good hot blue snapping park or is it more orange or white? Also, I understand you are getting fuel, but have you checked fuel pump pressure at the fuel rail? It could be too low or the regulator may be allowing all the fuel to return to the fuel tank.

Let me know.

Sorry it took so long but I checked for spark it is blue and strong this fuel regulator not sure how to check this since i'm doing this in my driveway would replacing the feul line about a foot of it with the rubber gas line have anything to do withthis fuel pressure

Rocheleau69
As long as you used high pressure hose, it shouldn't. Here is a how to for checking pressure. It is a video and directions. Check it and let me know what you find.

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

NOTE: You will need a gauge. Most parts stores will lend or rent them to you.