BUCKING AND JERKING

2000 Ford Explorer

2000 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 132000 miles

My Ford Explorer is really bucking alot lately. When I go to start it after it sits (especially when the weather starts cooling down) I have a rough time starting. When it finally does start, it will run at VERY low RPMs and then completely die. Usually it will do this more often in Reverse or Drive, but not as bad while it is in Park. Also, while driving down the road at hwy speeds 70 mph it sounds horrible, almost like a knocking sound but not quite, it will run rough and then seem like it " catches" fire to another cylinder then burst with power for just a split second. This happens all the time. Almost like a spitting sound. Can you explain to me what I need to do. I have replaced spark plugs and the wires are in good shape. I have checked the MAF sensor. Some poeple say it might be the fuel injectors or the ignition coil causing this. Please help!
Stvneason