MY WIFES

1997 Ford Explorer

1997 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 107000 miles

Hello

My name is Herb. My wife is having hesitation and shimmering problems only when she is Drive, and in idle. Usually when she is a a stop sign or traffic light! If you let off the gas and let the truck go in idle it shimmers or hesitates! Today we got it back from our mechanics, and he change all wires and plugs! He told us that it might be the fuel injectors, because its running on only 3 cycliders. He compresssed everything and checked to see if it was getting spark and it was! He told us to take it to the ford dealer because they have an advanced more machines! No check engine light is coming on which we find odd! Runs great, except the shimmering at idle! The car has not lost any power! Thats why he thinks its the fuel injectors! They are not getting any gas to them! Please give me any suggestions, befor I spend 500.00 to get them fixed!

thank You
Herb
Herbis1220