ENGINE CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START

1997 Ford Explorer

1997 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

My daughters 1997 Explorer cranks but will not start. The battery was run down attemping to start it. I bought a new battery and the next day the same thing happened. I also replaced the alternator since the new battery was run down due to continued attempts to try and start it. Yesterday I was told to remove the IAC valve and clean it with carb cleaner. I replaced it after cleaning and the truck still didn't start. I checked to see that fuel was present via the Schrader valve on the fuel rail and some gas did squirt out. I'm out of things to try and don't want to get ripped off by taking it to a Ford dealer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mike Martzig

Ok, you done the first thing check for fuel, so now did you check to see if you have Spark? If you can check fuel pressure. If need fuel pressure tester some parts stores or a tool rental store should have one.

Well, I would ask if the Check Engine Light was on but, since Battery was replaced codes were cleared and would have turned engine light off.

Obxautomedic
Did this Guy ever find out y his car would not start? I have one of the same 97 explore. Cranks but wont start. When I finally do get it to start it will start right up again after being turned off again butt if I wwait say an hour or more I have trouble starting it up again. I've replaced batety with brand new one. Nope not it. Replaced altanadtor with a rebuilt one. Now my battery light is on so I took it to auto zone who said my altanator was bad. So I take it BK to altanator place they show me on two different machines its good. And tell me its a fuse under the hood. They replace it light went off and it drunk. Started and I go home only to get home and look to see fuse is blower again I Called altanator place who then had me disconnected wire in altanator to bypass fuse and well guess what. Nope. Might I ask if its against the law to set ur own car on fire. '''Joke ''' but I'm at my whits end here. Could this be my starter. Fuel pump. If ne one has ne idea please tell me.

Gingershirley