MAKES NOISE WHEN APPROACHING 15-20MPH

1996 Ford Explorer

Noises problem
1996 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 178, 00 miles

I have a 1996 Ford Explorer with 178,000 miles on it that I keep very well maintained. When I take off from a stop and approach 15-20 mph my SUV makes a loud noise. Sometimes the car will hestiate for a moment then lurch forward. The dealer hooked it up to a computer and said that there were no codes kicked out for the transmission. But it does sound like it is in the front end - the Brakes were all checked as well and the master cylinder and brake booster were replaced along with upper bearings.

The sound is intermittent and only seems to happen when the car is hot -like I've driven around 50 miles or so. It won't do it when the mechanic is in the car with me but my husband did hear it and said it dounded bad - like it was happening on soft left turns.

Help - I don't want something to fall off!
Shauna111