CLUTCH ISSUES

1996 Ford Explorer

1996 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 185000 miles

About 11 months ago I had the clutch replaced in my 1996 Ford Explorer along with the rear main seal and the slave cylinder. It was working just fine untill recently. One morning the clutch went to the floor and I noticed under the hood that I needed to add some fluid in the resivoir for the clutch. I did so and the clutch tightened up and began to function normally. A week later I went out in the morning and started my truck up and the clutch went to the floor except this time the fluid ran out all over the ground and the resivoir was still full which indicated to me that the fluid wasnt even moving through the system. A mechanic told me that if it was the master cylinder that the leak would be inside the truck on the floor. Is that true? The only other thing I know is the slave went bad. Like I said I just had it replaced a year ago. Im driving around with no clutch and I'm broke so I need to do this work myself. Is it true that the entire transmission needs to be pulled just to work on the slave? Are there any other things this could be and is it true that if the master was leaking it would be on the inside of my truck? When I do do this work are there any obstacles that I may run into that I need special tools for or seals or anything of that nature that I should get ahead of time before I start the work? Maybe some special tools?
Bobbysies26